Varsity football team goes 10-0 for the season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Heaven LaMartz, Staff Writer

Parkview’s Varsity Football team has ended their triumphant season with the last regular game played against Central Gwinnett, ending with a strong win with a score of 49-14. While that is an impressive feat within itself, Varsity Football team has another deed to pride themselves on. Varsity football team has reached a new level of notability in regards to sports by achieving an amazing 10-0 winning streak. The 10-0 streak, revealed by Coach Bevins, was made possible due to the constant effort of the players, “ A lot of players stepped up to both sides of the ball whether that was from injury or just stepping into the role and doing well. “ It’s a very blatant fact that the 10-0 streak was an accomplishment made by a group of dedicated players who wanted to achieve their goals together as a unified team. With the season’s celebrated ending, arrives the gloomy realization that the seniors, who are regarded with the highest respect by coaches and younger players, won’t be returning for the next years season. Malik Washington, a senior who played the position of Wide Receiver and plans on playing college football, comments on the end of the season feeling, “ Finishing off the regular season and going 10-0 with this group of brothers felt great. We worked so hard and to see it pay off is one of the best feelings.” Although losing skilled seniors is a great loss, Bevins plans on having a positive view and shifts his attention to the younger players, “Hopefully we do good enough jobs as coaches to get them ready and live up to the jobs as some of the older players.” There is no doubt that Varsity Football team will continue to thrive and keep their undefeated legacy going. With their hunger for success, they won’t stop until they’re the best.