Wrestling team triumphs

Jordan Frederick, Staff Writer

This year, the Parkview wrestlers and wrestlerettes kicked off their season with a bang, with JV winning their first match against Archer and Varsity also winning their first match against East Coweta. The two coaches, Matthew Elakatt and Will Bonnet, have an iron hold on the team with vigorous practices. “Practices are much more intense than last year. We learn more drills and such,” says Zacheriah Hamilton, one of the 15 wrestlers on the team.
On November 12th, the JV wrestling team traveled to Archer, while Varsity traveled to East Coweta for their first match. Varsity and JV both ended up winning their matches. The boys and the girls did well. “The first match was so much fun. Everyone did well, and it was a good way to start off the season,” says Jessica Labrack, one of the managers.
The Parkview wrestling team practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Even though their practices are very intense, the members have lots of fun. They play fun games on Thursdays to relieve the stress. “We do things like single legs and double legs for takedown,” says Adwin Bien Aime, one of the wrestlers on the team.
This year, everyone on the team is excited for the new season. With practices and a very hard working team, the Parkview wrestling team will go far. “I’m feeling pretty good about this season” says Coach Bonnett, one of the wrestling coaches. “With the returning starters we have, plus the new team members, this year should be very exciting.”

Wrestling team triumphs