The swim team dives into the new season

The Parkview swim team raises spirits with an enthusiastic chant. (photo courtesy of Eric Brown)

Abby Harvey, Staff Writer

The Parkview Swim team, coached by Eric Brown, had a rocky start, losing to Mill Creek on November 5. The second meet of the season was held against Archer, and on November 11th, Parkview pulled out their first victory of the season. Coach Brown is very excited to see how his swimmers improve this season. Brown too was a swimmer at Parkview in his day and started coaching younger kids in high school, knowing at that age that he loved the sport.
Swimmers Will Mahone and Brad Wyzykowski also have a deep love for the sport and have been swimming since the young ages of 7 and 8. Neither necessarily wanted to swim at first but soon fell in love with the sport and have been competing ever since. Will Mahone, a sophomore, states, “This season, our team’s most difficult meets will be against North Gwinnett and Brookwood,”
Being a senior and eager to enjoy his last year as a Parkview Panther, Wyzykowski is excited about the future ahead and hopes for it to be a successful swim season and year. Despite losing the first meet of the season, the Parkview swim team is nowhere near being discouraged. This group of athletes is excited to compete and make their way to the top with all of their hard work and optimism along with all of the support from their peers and the school.
Their competition in December includes the meets against Dacula and North Gwinnett on December 3, Hudson Memorial on December 9, and Collins Hill on December 16.

The swim team dives into the new season