Basketball team is prepared

Danielle Franklin, Staff Writer

Parkview Basketball is quickly approaching. With tryouts done and the first game on the horizon, the Parkview Basketball team is in full swing, practicing and preparing for a scrimmage on November 10th and the first official game of the season November 15th. Both the boys and girls teams have been putting in a lot of hard work and effort to make sure the upcoming season is one for the books.
“We have been conditioning ever since school started, so that will be an advantage for us. We work really hard, and I’m proud of us so far,” commented Parkview senior Taylor Morris.
With long hours of practice throughout the offseason, both the girls and guys teams believe they are well prepared for the upcoming season. This extra work should put them ahead of other teams that only recently started practicing.
Last year, the girls team reigned as region champ and played in the GHSA state tournament. This year, they hope to do even better, despite having to overcome losing nine seniors from last year’s team. While some might view this as a setback, Taylor Morris has a more positive perspective, “I believe we will do very well this season. We are a very young team with the will to work hard, and that will help us win a lot of games.”
On the guys’ side, the team is hoping to improve from last year, as they did not make it to the state tournament. The team put in extra work this offseason, working hard throughout the summer and fall to prepare for this season. They are hoping that this will put them at an advantage.
“The team is destined for greatness this year, with the entire starting five coming back and many other valuable players returning,” stated Parkview Junior Miles Marshall.
The boys and girls teams hope to make this year one to remember.

Basketball team is prepared