Outplay, outwork, outlast: Parkview lacrosse

Micaiah L'Heureux, Sports Columnist

The second semester is in full swing and that means one thing: Lacrosse season is back at Parkview. Parkview’s boys and girls teams are in completely different situations but have the same goal in mind and that is to win.

The Boys team had a solid year last season finishing 9-8. That being said, they will have plenty of obstacles to overcome if they want to continue in their winning ways. The first obstacle is that they lost several of their players who were seniors last year. Luckily for them, this is a problem every team faces and hopefully the younger players will step up. Another obstacle this team will have to overcome is that this team has very few seniors which generally hurts the team both physically and fundamentally. Regardless of all of this the team refuses to give up.

“There is not a bunch of returning talent on this team…we are going to be better at conditioning  this season… and we’re focused on playing on the same level as last year,” said Senior Josh Shields

The Girls team on the other hand has much to look forward to. Last season the girls had a decent season as they finished the year 7-8. Things are looking up for the girls as they have a bunch of returning talent. According to Heidi Campbell, one of the Varsity Girls coaches, “These girls are really stepping it up this season… it will be exciting to see them in action for our first game on February 26th.”

“I am looking at a stronger more experienced girl team with good things ahead of them… I look forward to the next 3-5 years,” said Parkview lacrosse coach David Erwin

The Lacrosse teams are both working hard this year to have successful seasons. We the students at Parkview have to show support of all of the team’s hard work. Let’s make home field advantage a huge factor this season by joining the student section and cheer for our fellow panthers.

“When we have had, on many occasions, a student section, you can see the boys and girls spirts lift and they dig a little deeper, hit a little harder and run a little faster. Those are huge in a close game and can be the deciding factor… We cannot do it alone so all are welcome to our games,” said Erwin