The lacrosse teams prepare for an unforgettable season

Lacrosse players are gearing up for their upcoming season.

Morgan Singletary, News Editor

With the lacrosse season up and coming this month, Parkview’s boys and girls teams, as well as the coaches, are hoping to be better than ever. The players have been practicing hard and are excited about what is to come this season.

Tryouts were held on January 26th, and the players were officially chosen on January 27th. Practices in order to prepare for an exciting season began immediately, and players have been practicing daily in order to prepare for their first games.

“I want us to improve on being a real bonded team. And it would be awesome if we could come back this season and surprise everyone with how much we’ve improved,” says junior, Lacey Krakowiak.

“This season I am hoping to win more games and to continue to grow as a team,” says Gunny, the head coach.

Coach Campbell and Coach Mokes are two new coaches for the girls team, starting this season.

“Coach Campbell and Coach Mokes are so helpful and encouraging,” says freshman Jenna Young. “ Since Coach Mokes is so young, she can connect with us on a really personal level. It’s awesome.”

The first game for the Varsity girls is on February 20th against Norcross at 5:30 PM, here at Parkview. Varsity boys play against Druid Hill at 7:30 PM on February 24th  at Parkview. The JV boys play at Parkview against Brookwood on February 18th at 5:00 PM.

“I’m hoping to have the most wins in one season that Parkview has ever had,” says senior Adam Khan.