Keep your eyes on the prize

Eman Abdusemed, Staff Writer

Dedication. Webster defines it as: “being devoted to a task or purpose; having single-minded loyalty or integrity.” but what do Parkview students define dedication as?

“To me dedication means that you would do anything to get what you want. You are willing to sacrifice your body and other activities in your life”, said senior Taylor Steward.

With all this Panther pride going around the school, you have to wonder where it all comes from. I think it’s safe to say that the athletes of this school are the reason everyone is hyped up on school spirit. They put a lot of time, effort, faith, and dedication into every practice and game. They go out and try their hardest to win and make everyone proud.

It’s obvious that some of our athletes are bound to get hurt. As you take a look around the school you will notice some athletes in crutches or casts. Have you ever wondered why these students keep putting themselves in danger? Why do they willingly want to keep playing although they are in excruciating pain?

When asked what sports they play and why they keep playing through injury, “I’ve played volleyball and basketball, and I’ve definitely gotten injured. It’s risky,” said Steward but I keep playing because it’s a lot of fun and I have a great time with the girls.”