Sam Smith takes over top charts

Carlos Alonso, Photo Manager

“The thrill of it all”, Sam Smith’s most recent album, was released on November 3, 2017. This album is Smith’s second album and is pretty similar to the first one. In this album, he included songs such as “The Good at Goodbyes”, “One Day at a Time”, “Midnight Train”, “Baby you make me Crazy”, and “Pray”. Most of the song is really slow, and this is a disadvantage for the album just because there isn’t too much difference between his other album and all the songs sound similar. Most of the lyrics are about love and sadness using the similar lyrics and tempos.

Samuel Frederick Smith, known to everyone as Sam Smith, is a singer and songwriter born in England on May 19, 1992. His fame started in his native country in 2012 with his single “Latch” to which was his breakthrough in disclosure. His music is very diverse. In his albums, we can listen to genres like pop, soul, and R&B. His first number one hit was “La La La” in “Naughty Boy” in May 2013.

“In the lonely hour” was his debut album, release on May 2014, in which the Single “Stay with Me” was an international success and reach number two in the U.S Billboards Hot 100, and the single “I Am Not The Only One” reached top five in the same one. He made his debut in the U.S on “Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon” where he sang “Money on my Mind” with Jimmy Fallon.

In December 2014, Smith was nominated for six Grammy Awards and, in February of the next year, he won 4 of these: Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Music Album. At the 2015 Brit Awards, he won the awards for British Breakthrough and Global Success. That same year, he received three Billboard Awards: Top Male Artist, Top New Artist, and Top Radio Songs Artists. For his and Jimmy Napes’ song “Writing’s on the Wall”, featured the theme for the James Bond film Spectre, Smith won the Golden Globe Award and the Academy Award for Best Original Song.

• Entertainment

IT is back

• Entertainment

Parkview’s “The Crucible”

• Sam Smith takes over top charts

Entertainment

Moana Movie night

• Entertainment

A new twist on a classic novel will hit the big screen: Lord of the Females?

• Entertainment

Wind River

• Sam Smith takes over top charts

Entertainment

Les Miserables sells all seats on opening day

• Sam Smith takes over top charts

Entertainment

Movie Stereotypes

• Entertainment

Hippo campus Concert review

• Sam Smith takes over top charts

Entertainment

Parkview dance programs

• Sam Smith takes over top charts

Entertainment

Every day is a good day for an art studio

Sam Smith takes over top charts