Parkview dance programs

Parkview's dance instructor Lindsey Meyers in the midst of teaching her beginner dance students. (photo by Amy Kim)

Campbell, Hannah

Campbell, Hannah

Amy Kim, Staff writer

Parkview High School strives to be the best at everything, including dance. The dance program at Parkview is one with great prestige and has grabbed many students’ attention. The program consists of an advanced, intermediate, and beginner dance group, as well as a dance team in which students are brought together to express their passion for dancing. The dance team performs at Parkview’s basketball games and at competitions. The dance classes offer an increasing knowledge of technique and dance history, as well as nutrition and injury prevention.
Director Lindsey Meyers is in charge of all four dance programs. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro with a degree in dance technique and performance, which justifies her skills to guide the aspiring dance students at       Parkview. She also danced with Disney for seven years after she graduated college.
Students seem to gain more benefits from the dance program they participate in than just improvement in their dance skills. Beginner dance student Serena George expressed her views on participating in the beginning dance program, saying, “It expanded my friend group and helped enhance my dance skills.” She thinks dance has impacted her in a positive way, saying “I think dance has helped with my flexibility. There are a lot of people in that class that I could now call close friends.”
On November 11th and 12th, the dance program’s hard work from first semester had been rewarded with the opportunity to showcase to the public in Parkview’s theater. Its theme was described by the participating dance students as “creepy” and it covered different styles of dance and showed off the hard work of all the dance students. Be sure to congratulate any dance students you may know on their accomplishments.

• Entertainment

IT is back

• Entertainment

Parkview’s “The Crucible”

• Parkview dance programs

Entertainment

Moana Movie night

• Entertainment

A new twist on a classic novel will hit the big screen: Lord of the Females?

• Entertainment

Wind River

• Parkview dance programs

Entertainment

Les Miserables sells all seats on opening day

• Parkview dance programs

Entertainment

Movie Stereotypes

• Entertainment

Hippo campus Concert review

• Parkview dance programs

Entertainment

Every day is a good day for an art studio

• Parkview dance programs

Entertainment

Parkview students preform in “The Nutcracker”

Parkview dance programs