Netflix steals the show

Netflix%27s+logo

Netflix's logo

Grace Kim, Opinion Editor

Netflix. This one word holds so much meaning for the majority of teens today. It is how many teens spend their nights, whether they are procrastinating school work or relaxing on a Saturday. It is hard not to become deeply engrossed in Netflix; there are countless numbers of things to watch on it. TV Shows, movies, documentaries, you name it, and Netflix has got it. However, there are some options that have stood out over the rest, and have become great favorites among many viewers.

Just by listening to hallway conversations or interacting with peers, it is evident which shows are the most popular among teens. How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, Orange is the New Black, Gossip Girl, Scandal, American Horror Story, Supernatural, Sherlock, The Vampire Diaries, House of Cards, Friends, Grey’s Anatomy, Breaking Bad, and The Office are just a few of some of the most popular shows among teenagers today.

Comedy is one well- liked TV show genre among Parkview students because teens generally love to laugh and unwind after a stressful day of school. This is why so many students love watching shows such as The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and Parks and Recreation.

“I love watching The Office because it is a funny and insightful view into the lives of average American workers,” said sophomore Mohammad Makhmudov.

Others prefer more serious, suspenseful shows to keep them entertained on monotonous school nights.

“My favorite show is American Horror Story because it’s different than typical TV shows. It uses fears that the viewers already have and it expands on them to make it entertaining,” said Junior Christina Rincon.

Some Parkview students enjoy shows filled with teenage drama because they like slightly unrealistic shows that help them escape from reality for a bit. Gossip Girl is a top pick for many of the female teens.

“I enjoy watching Gossip Girl because I love the dynamic between characters Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf,” said sophomore Jasmine Anickat.

Regardless of what shows teens watch, one thing is clear: they love Netflix.