Q&A with the 2015 PHS King and Queen

Anamika Sharma, Beats Editor, Staff Writer

Saturday, October 24th Parkview held its homecoming dance. This event is not only a big deal for students who plan to dance the night away, but involves the entire student body through the Homecoming Parade, Pep Rally, and Homecoming Football Game. These events mark the beginning of fall here at Parkview. I caught up with the Parkview’s Homecoming King and Queen and here is what they had to say.

Jessica Moody (Homecoming Queen)-

What Song did you dance to at the pep rally? “Hit the Quan” by iHeartMemphis

How did you prepare for the pep rally? Me and Jack had to practice. He did not know how to do the dance. I did, I knew but he didn’t. So, yeah we practiced?

Did you expect to win? No.

How do you feel now that you’ve won? I mean it’s nice, I guess. I feel good that people care.

Tell me about yourself? I play softball and run track. I used to cheer but I don’t do that anymore, I stopped this year. I don’t really do anything exciting. I watch Netflix. Right now I’m watching The Office.

What do you plan to do after high school? I plan to go to University of Georgia.

Jack Chambers (Homecoming King) –

What song did you dance to at the pep rally? “Hit the Quan” by iHeartMemphis and we danced to “Say Goodbye” by Chris Brown for the homecoming king and queen dance.

How did you prepare for the pep rally? We practiced a little right before we went out. She asked me on the spot what song I wanted to dance to. I had no idea.

Did you expect to win? No I didn’t expect it, but I was hoping to win. Honestly I didn’t think I would win like that. I did want to do it.

How do you feel now that you’ve won? I feel good. I’m glad that people voted for me.

It’s special to me especially because the students picked me and that means the students care about me.

Tell me about yourself? I’m a very active person at Parkview. I play football and hopefully baseball again. Other than that I like hanging out with friends, I love listening to music and I plan on going to a couple concerts this year.

What to do plan to do after high school? I plan to go to Charleston Southern University